Skip to main content

I miss my old friend---activity

I'm feeling pretty down in the dumps today.  We had some friends over, but as soon as they left this morning I started feeling depressed and mopey.  I wanted to go do something today, but my husband woke up and started playing video games right away.  I keep thinking about the things I used to do and then I think about how my knee will hurt if I do them.  Its one of those frustrating days.  Why can't I just go for an eight mile hike?  Whats the problem with it? 

I've been eating a lot of junk so I'm feeling a little sick to my stomach on top of it.  I think about getting up to work out, but then I feel pukey and don't want to.  I keep trying to convince myself that  if I just explore Gainesville I will find the things I need to be happy here, but the longer I live here the less that seems likely.  Its just too small town here.  It remind me a lot of Fitzgerald.  Everyone knows everyone and there just isn't anything exciting to do.  There is more here than Fitzgerald has, but not the awesomeness I liked when I lived in Athens.

I would love to go to the intramural fields and walk the dogs around. I would love to finish up the walk by hiking all the way around the backside of the lake.  Then I could drop the dogs off and get some coffee at Jittery Joe's.  After that I could just hang out at home.  Get some groceries, cook some food.  Maybe that evening I would go for a run or bellydance or both!  That's the life I miss.

I'm frustrated because so many things stand in the  way.  Even if I did drive to Athens today, if I did all the things I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to walk tomorrow.  I miss being active.  I'm trying to get another referral to physical therapy, but I haven't been able to get the doctor to call me back.  GRRRRRR @ being injured

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitbit Fiasco

This week was not so great.  I worked lots of extra hours, and  I sometimes feel like my primary function is to baby sit adults.  I didn't get enough sleep this week, and I have been ravenously hungry.  I have at least figured out what caused The Hungry.  I quit taking birth control about a month ago and its hormone time.  Que all the usual suspects: hunger, fatigue, irritability, and general aches.  On the bright side, my knee has been feeling better so I have been going for short walks.  While I did not stay under on calories, I did meet my exercise goals, so at least I've got that going for me.  Now, onto the Fitbit story! I'm sure everyone knows what Fitbit is and the line of fitness products they offer.  ( www.fitbit.com )  Through a health program at work, I received a free one about 6 months ago.  Unfortunately, I lost it after a short time.  Then I started having knee problems so I never purchased a new one....

Bipolar Owl

I'm out of town this weekend so I didn't have much time to find what I wanted to post about.  I think my next big post is going to be about the stigma of taking medication, so for this Saturday enjoy a meme about bipolar meds. 

What I want

I want an extraordinary life where I do extraordinary things.  In all the turmoil I have been experiencing lately, this I can say with absolute certainty.  I want an extraordinary life where I do extraordinary things.  The next part of this is figuring out what that really means for me.